Pylon - Pylon Box [Exclusive Colored Vinyl Box Set]
This product is currently sold out.
This title is a pre-order. Purchased items will ship on or before 11/6/20.Box Set Includes:
- The studio albums Gyrate and Chomp – newly remastered from the original tapes, and available on vinyl for the first time in more than 30 years
- Extra – a collection of singles, B-sides, rarities and live recordings
- Razz Tape – the first-ever Pylon recording, a 13-song unreleased session that predates their 1979 debut single, "Cool"/"Dub"
- Plus an AUTOGRAPHED 200 page, full-color, hardbound book featuring a treasure trove of never before seen images and artifacts from the band's personal archives, and writings by R.E.M., Kate Pierson of The B-52's, Corin Tucker & Carrie Brownstein of Sleater-Kinney, Steve Albini, Jon King & Hugo Burnham of Gang of Four, and many more
- 47 tracks in all, including 18 unreleased recordings
- 4x 140g colored vinyl LPs: yellow, sky blue, opaque red, and opaque gray
- Limited Edition run of 500
New West Records is proud to present Pylon Box — A comprehensive look at the band that features their studio LPs Gyrate and Chomp, both of which have been remastered from their original tapes, the 11-song collection Extra which includes rarities and 5 previously unreleased studio & live recordings, as well as Razz Tape, Pylon's first-ever recording: a 13-song unreleased session that pre-dates the band's seminal "Cool" b/w "Dub" debut.
Pylon Box also Includes a hardbound, 200 page full color book featuring pieces written by the members of R.E.M., Gang of Four, Steve Albini, Corin Tucker & Carrie Brownstein of Sleater-Kinney, Sonic Youth, Interpol, B-52's, Bradford Cox of Deerhunter, Mission of Burma, Calvin Johnson of Beat Happening & K Records, Anthony DeCurtis, Chris Stamey of the dB's, Steve Wynn of the Dream Syndicate and many more. Includes an extensive essay chronicling the band's history with interviews with the surviving members of the band as well as members of R.E.M., B-52's, Gang of Four, Method Actors, and more. It also features never before seen images and artifacts from both the band's personal archives as well as items now housed at the Special Collections Library at the University of Georgia as well as the Georgia Museum of Art, UGA.